I actually enjoyed this adaptation. This is how I pictured Fanny and Edmund and Henry and Mary Crawford. Lady Bertram was very idle while petting and holding her pug all day on the sofa. Mrs. Norris was quite the devil. It was a bit dry, but I think that's just how they were made in the 80s! And I enjoyed this one a lot better than the most recent version.
Here's some interesting trivia:
The sheer brown gown with red and blue dots Jackie Smith-Wood (Mary Crawford) wears discussing the play is the same gown Christina Cole (Caroline Bingley) wears playing cards at Netherfield Hall in "Lost in Austen" (2008).
I am now officially done with eleven of my twelve for the Everything Austen Challenge!
Read/watched on my list:
- Pride and Prejudice (1995)
- Intimations of Austen by Jane Greensmith
- Sense and Sensibility (2008)
- Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
- Pride and Prejudice: A Latter-day Comedy (2003)
- The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy by Mary Street
- Persuasion (2007)
- Emma (1996 Miramax)
- Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
- Sense and Sensibility (1995)
- Pride and Prejudice (2005)
- Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange. I am number eight on the hold list at my library, so I'm waiting with anticipation!
- Lost in Austen (TV 2008)
- Persuasion (1997)
- Jane Austen For Dummies by Joan Klingel Ray
- Mansfield Park (2007)
- Emma (TV 1996)
- Northanger Abbey (2007)
- Bride and Prejudice (2004)
- Pride and Prejudice (1980)
- Pride and Prejudice (1940)
- Clueless (1995)
- Miss Austen Regrets (TV 2008)
- Mansfield Park (1983)
- The Private Diary of Mr. Darcy by Maya Slater- Currently reading!
I thought I should add as a disclaimer that I don't have TV channels and I have a 7 month old son and so while taking care of him throughout the day I put on my Austen movies! Because as I glance back over this list it really looks like I have nothing better to do than watch these movies and have no life! he he!
Part of the Everything Austen Challenge.