Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Monday Movie Meme: School Days


Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME

Is hosted by The Bumbles. Leave your link here and in my comments section if you so desire!

The theme this week is all on movies that bring back the good ol' school days! I was always the nerd who loved heading back to school so since I graduated college each year I've been missing the whole experience...oh well, upward and onward. Here are some movies that bring back memories both good and bad!
  1. Pretty in Pink (1986)- I really, really wanted Ducky to win the girl in this one...Andrew McCarthy just didn't do it for me. But it's a John Hughes classic!
  2. Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)- Hughes really wanted Molly for the part, but I think Lea Thompson was a better pick anyway!
  3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)- How the popular girl goes unpopular from fighting the undead!
  4. Grease (1978)- My favorite high school musical of all-time! I still have the words memorized.
And I'm just going to throw in a couple of TV shows that also spoke to my teenage angst at the time when I watched them: My So-called Life (1994) with Claire Danes and Veronica Mars (2004) with Kristen Bell.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all rooted for Ducky. An old boyfriend of mine had shoes just like his so my friend always referred to him as Ducky. We're still pals and whenever I see him I think of that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I have forgotten about Pretty in Pink?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.