Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wondrous Words Wednesday (1)

Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Bermudaonion's Weblog where we share new (to us) words that we’ve encountered in our reading. Feel free to join in the fun. Don’t forget to leave a link in your comment if you’re participating.

My New Words:

Pirates! by Celia Rees
1. scudding: run, move quickly, to run before a gale with little or no sail set.

2. vertiginous: Apt to change quickly; unstable; whirling; spinning; rotary.

I really wanted to write these words with the sentences I found them with, but I forgot when I first saw them and now the book is back at the library! So I will try to do better next week! I love learning new words. Language is just so exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great words. I would have guessed vertiginous right, but scudding would have totally eluded me. Thanks so much for participating today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.