Saturday, September 12, 2009

Book Review: Ever by Gail Carson Levine

Synopsis on Goodreads:
Falling in love is never easy, but falling in love with an immortal god while your days on earth are numbered is almost more than a young girl can bear.
One Line Review: Crazy world of gods and goddesses, mortals, sacrifice, and love.

Quote:
"Fate...may...be...thwarted." We must make our own destinies; live life and not life live us.

I really like the moral of the story about working out our own lives and doing what we can to change where we're at in life if we want and need to. It's a really quick read and sometimes I felt that there was so much being left out. This book could have been a lot longer. Overall, I thought it wasn't her best book. I really liked Fairest and Ella Enchanted a lot better. So I'd recommend it if you like her stuff, but if not, definitely pass on this one.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked Levine so I'm going to have to try it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Ella Enchanted, so I might pick this up. It sounds like an interesting premise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of her books. Maybe I should pick up Ella Enchanted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? No pirates? Oh, wait; it isn't pirate week yet. Nevermind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.