Thursday, September 24, 2009

TV: The Vampire Diaries--More Vampire Lovin'!

Can I just say that this show is supernaturally wicked fun????!!!!! I haven't read the books yet, but they are on my list. I guess I just can't get enough of those bloodsuckers. It all started with Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer....I just love those bad guys trying to be good and messing up all the time. So now we have Stefan Salvatore, trying to pass as a high school student in order to be with the one he loves...Elena, and of course, trying really hard to not eat her and her friends!

So I'm wondering how he even knows she existed...I guess I'd have to read or wait for the series to unveil...plus the plot on IMDB says Elena is torn between two vampire brothers....from the looks of it Damon just wants to eat her and mess with his good-two shoes brother...so maybe he's a bit like Spike and falls for her despite his evilness!

I guess the only thing that bothers me is that all the high school girls look absolutely perfect...their hair, clothes, makeup, bodies are all just too done up...where are the regular people, the short and chubby or at least the not as pretty friend? In that sense it makes it a bit harder to relate to.

It's not my Buffy, but it's still great and entertaining vampire mayhem!

8 comments:

  1. I tried to watch this but I just did not enjoy it. Same was true of "Glee" which is the other one everyone is talking about. Guess I'm just really not that into t.v.

    I need your mailing address--you won "The Smart One And The Pretty One."

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE this show too! The books are awesome as well! I think you'll like them! I can't decide who I like best in the show or in the books, Damon or Stefan LOL! Guess I'll have to watch more and see!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen the pilot, but the next one (or two) are waiting for me on my DVR. The dudes are a little too soap oprah-y for my taste, but I suppose they'll grow on me with time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. me toooo! lovin' it! buffy is still on my to-watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Holland, so the show is not on! But it really sounds good. I really want to read the books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard these are good, but a high school full of regular people? Perish the thought! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fun, but I mainly watch it for Paul Wesley, I'm not going to lie. I like Ian Somerhalder, too, but he's really twitchy on this.
    "So I'm wondering how he even knows she existed" -- I'm wondering that, too. Did the nephew tell him?
    Thanks for linking through Helluva Halloween

    ~Misty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant believe that I missed this post, I am sorry. I love this show too and have many of the same questions, I dont think I am going to read the books because I dont want it to ruin the show for me. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.