Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (2)

teasertuesdays31 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The orange flames waved at the crowd as paper and print dissolved inside them. Burning words were torn from their sentences.
Never Slow Dance With a Zombie by E. Van Lowe
"Dirk just told the funniest joke," I said.
"Dirk is a zombie!" She practically spat the words at me.
"I know. That's what made it so funny. The punch line was Mmmmmmmmaaaaaargh! Hysterical." I laughed freely, pretending I was laughing at the ridiculous punch line.

These are two of the ones I'm reading. The Book Thief is so beautiful, I just love it. And Never Slow Dance With a Zombie is just a riot!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quote from The Book Thief! That book is really beautiful. And you chose a funny bit from NSDWAZ, too! Great teasers!

    You can check mine out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers. I have The Book Thief just waiting for me to get to it in the pile. My teaser is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/puzzle-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Book Thief. Truly excellent. Some of the things Death says and the way he phrases them = priceless and beautiful and awesome.

    I've been wanting to read Never Slow Dance... Just hasn't happened yet.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Teasers, Heather! I love your "ghostly" background! =D

    Here's my Teaser:

    http://sugarandgrits.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! I can't wait to read The Book Thief.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I want to read Never Slow Dance with A Zombie! It looks so good, the cover is terrific! Thank you for sharing!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm lookingforward to reading The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never Slow Dance With a Zombie sounds fun to me! Wouldn't mind The Book Thief, either.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very different books -- how fun! The Book Thief is a great book. Your teaser reminded me of the great visualization! Enjoy.

    I'm reading a Jane Austen mystery. Covers two of my challenges in one book, yay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.