Thursday, September 3, 2009

TV Thursdays Meme

TV Thursdays is a weekly meme in which you discuss this weeks television shockers and stinkers, and next weeks hopefuls. If you would like to join the fun come here to Bloody Bad and leave a link to your post in the comments section.

I thought I would join in on this meme since I'm also a TV-junkie! Well, I don't actually have a TV signal coming into my home since we live in the boonies and are too cheap to get satellite! So I use the Internet for all my TV wants and needs.

Here's what I'm looking forward to this Fall:

Fringe: It's an X-Files show, yet still totally its own! It's creepy, weird, and oh so entertaining, without the alien conspiracies. It premieres (for its 2nd season) September 17th on Fox.

Numb3rs: Brainy math professor and his FBI brother team together to solve crimes! The family dynamic is great, stories are fresh, and its just fun! They left us with quite the cliff-hanger; it premieres (6th season) September 25th on CBS.

Medium: Crime-solving via dreams and the dead and leading a semi-normal life with the world's best husband and three beautiful daughters! Also quite the crazy cliff-hanger as it switches over from NBC to CBS. It starts its 6th season on September 25th.

Bones: A stuffy forensic anthropologist, her cronies, and FBI agent Booth team up for more heart-warming crime-fighting! Another scary cliff-hanger so I'm excited for season 5 to start up September 17th on Fox!

House: Cynical and mean Dr. House doesn't have any bed-side manner, which makes it great! Fascinating medical mysteries. Season 6 opens up with House in the looney bin! Airs September 21st on Fox.

Chuck: Just hilarious spoof-action comedy! Doesn't actually premiere till March 2010 on NBC.

Lie to Me: How to solve crimes by lie detection! I just love crime TV shows and this one adds a whole new dynamic! Love it! Premieres for its 2nd season September 28th on Fox.

New Shows I'm Looking Forward To:

The Good Wife: is a drama starring Emmy Award winner Julianna Margulies as a wife and mother who must assume full responsibility for her family and re-enter the workforce after her husband's very public sex and political corruption scandal lands him in jail. Love political dramas. Premieres September 22nd on CBS.

V: I loved the original series and I love aliens so this one's a no-brainer for me! Premieres November 3rd on ABC.

Stargate Universe: Loved the movie and the original SG-1 so am willing to try this one out. Premieres October 2nd on Sci-fi.

Vampire Diaries: Vampires and TV...Love it! Premieres September 10th on CW.

Mercy: Another hospital drama from the nurses' perspective. Premieres September 23rd on NBC.

Flash Forward: A mysterious global event causes everyone to black out simultaneously for two minutes and seventeen seconds, and each person sees a glimpse of their lives six months from now. When they wake up, everyone is left wondering if what they saw will actually happen. Sounds intriguing! Premieres September 24th on ABC.

Trauma: Medical drama from the perspective of First Response paramedics. I'm sketchy about medical dramas so we'll see... Premieres September 28th on NBC.

White Collar: Con artist and FBI agent team up! Premieres September 23rd on USA.

The Forgotten: Its Without a Trace, but with civilians instead. We'll see...Premieres September 22nd on ABC.

The Community: A comedy series about a band of misfits who attend Greendale Community College. At the center of the group is Jeff Winger (Joel McHale, "The Soup"), a fast-talkin' lawyer whose degree has been revoked. With some help from his fellow classmates, Winger forms a study group who eventually learn more about themselves than their course work. If it's smart and funny...Premieres September 17th on NBC.

Glee: A sneak preview aired last May and it was so hilarious! It officially airs September 4th on Fox.

It's a huge list so some will have to go by the wayside, but I love watching a new series to see how well it grabs me from the start!

6 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for new shows to start...I am such a TV junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this meme! I'm also a tv junkie! I'm also looking forward to Glee, Flashpoint, Medium and one not on your list: the Big Bang Theory. :)

    Can you believe how many hospital dramas are vying for ER's spot this fall? It seems like every other commerical is about hospital life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining my meme! You have a great list going here. How will you ever find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! We don't have a TV signal either. I know a lot of people who can't wait for Glee. I'll definintely be keeping an eye out for it. Vampire Diaries sounds really good as well! I'm thinking that I will read the books first and then get the DVD of the first season.

    I enjoy being an only child. I get a lot of personal attention. I think it's a good thing. It does have its downfalls. When I was little I had a really hard time learning how to share because I never had to before. I'm also not very good with small kids becuase I haven't had much exposure. As long as your kid gets to hang out with other kids, I don't think that would be much of a problem. He's so cute, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to Community because I think Joel McHale is hilarious (and I have a slight crush on that goofy guy). And also Glee...the pilot episode was funny, so I have high hopes that the rest of the season will be as good. Plus, really good music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Melanie, for filling me in on your experience. I'm trying to socialize my boy as much as I can. I hope more when he's actually at that age to play with others! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.