Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays (1)


Teaser Tuesdays is a bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
1. Grab your current reading

2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) sentences from that page

4. BE CAREFUL TO NOT INCLUDE ANY SPOILERS

5. Share the author and title too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.

I'm reading Look For Me By Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn. This is going towards my RIP challenge and Helluva Halloween Challenge. I picked this up randomly at the library last week because I just absolutely loved the cover! So seductive!

My Teaser:
This close to him, I was conscious of his smooth skin, his dark hair, his long fingers. He smelled of spices, sweet and aromatic. His sweater was cashmere, as thick and soft and strokeable as Ebony's fur. He was beautiful, I thought, almost unearthly in his perfection. How could such a handsome man empathize so completely with my loneliness? Surely he had no end of friends and admirers.

Ok, so it's a little more than two sentences! But I thought this was a good paragraph!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Yum Yum! I love the feel of cashmere--and with a hot body under it. Yowsa!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog -- I do enjoy this meme. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very teasing teaser! And I guess the title is from the Alfred Noyes poem "The Highwayman"?

    My teaser can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hooked! Can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.