Thursday, November 19, 2009

TV Thursdays- V

TV Thursdays is my weekly TV meme! Come join and leave a link in the comments section or just a plain ol' comment will do too!

This week's topic is on the new ABC drama V. This new series is actually a remake of both the ABC miniseries and its subsequent TV series back in 1983-1985. I actually remember watching this one as a wee one...reruns! And I thought it was such a great and interesting concept. We have aliens visiting Earth and saying they come in peace and will exchange their technology for certain precious resources they need from our planet...thus they are called the Visitors aka V. But no, they do not come in peace, really, they want to eat us as food and perform experiments on us! Yikes...but they as saviors and they lull us into sweet and utter devotion. So on comes the resistors, the rebellions!

The new series is a wonderful reimagination of the original...better special effects, acting, etc. So it's a real treat and nail biter every week. Since I'm a big sci-fi junky this completely helps me get my fix! Nothing is as good as it seems and it's important to always check everything fully before you jump in!

This is what I've been watching this week...so let me know what you've been watching if you're not a V watcher and if you are tell me what you think of the story concept and the new take on the original.

Happy TV watching!

8 comments:

  1. I love the new show. I was too young to like it back in the 80's, I was still into the muppets and such then.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This show looks good! I have to find time to watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this show on Tuesday? I don't watch anything on Tuesdays maybe I'll have to get in to this!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great to watch.
    Today I am watching little Dorrit. (I have it on dvd) also tuesdsay i have watched Being Erica, Samantha Who and Floor Faber. It's then womans night on a channel, fun shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the first episode of V and thought it was pretty good. I'm still not sure if I'll continue watching it, but I should make up my mind soon as I've already missed a couple episodes! They filmed a fews scenes for it close to my office, so I kind of want to see where they show up in the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our family actually watched the original series when I was younger. I bought the DVDs not too long ago and showed them to my kids. Now we're watching this new one. It looks pretty good so far. It's fun seeing actors from other Sci-Fi series I used to watch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next week is the last episode of V for the year (I assume it has been renewed and will come back in 2010). I think that's quite the teaser they've left us with! I like the show, too, though I'm not sure where it's going. I guess that's the point. I'm just very impatient :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm liking it so far. granted. i've only watched the first ep and have a couple on the dvr. i like how the story is a second visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.