Sunday, November 29, 2009

Secrets of a Christmas Box by Steven Hornby

I won this book from Trina at Bloody Bad and so I was very excited to get it and finally read it! I wasn't disappointed! This was a fun and cute Christmas story. Ornaments on a Christmas trees come to life each year...Larry the snowman can't find his brother Terrence this year and decides to find him beyond the tree's border with the help of his two friends Debbie and Splint. It did take on a bit of a dark turn towards the end, but I think you can use this as a good learning opportunity for kids. I heard this was originally a screenplay so sometimes the dialogue is a bit off, but I thought it was a sweet story overall and brought out the magic of Christmas! I'm going to enjoy reading this one to my son as he gets older each year for Christmas! The book also has many drawings throughout the book that are really fun!

Part of the 2009 Holiday Reading Challenge

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really cute! I'll probably try to buy it for my nephew =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMAN - must read now!!!! I always dream of ornaments coming to life every Christmas - I'm really convinced that they do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally finished The Count--Yay!! Now I can read some Christmas books. This one sounds great, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds oh so sweet! I love the idea of ornaments coming to life. And that cover is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is oozing with cuteness! *o* <--me at the moment ;]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.