Monday, November 2, 2009

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

One Line Summary: Death is only the beginning.

This was a beautifully written novel. The perspective was amazing from the ghost of the girl who dies in the first page of the book how she looks down up all those she loves and those she wanted to, and the one who murdered her. Questions I thought of while reading were, How do the dead perceive us? Do they watch us and hear what good and bad things we have to say about them? I like to think if I ever have someone I'm close to die, that I could talk to her and tell her my thoughts and feelings. I do feel we're connected to those who've passed on and this story just brings that to life.

Disclaimers: There were a few scenes in here with a murder and some sex...they don't last long an I think there were a couple of f bombs, but overall the book was pretty clean.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this novel. I read it when it first came out and have thought about it long since. It does has some rather graphic and disturbing scenes in it.

    I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. I'm so nervous about seeing the movie. I think I'm bound to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book but I wasn't too sure about the ending. It's been a long time since I read it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this a few years ago and loved it. Looking forward to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this yet, but I heard the "gruesome" stuff is in the beginning, and that's it, so if you can get through that then you'll be O.K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.