Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans

A man learns how to appreciate and love his family through the help of Mary, the lady they stay with. It's a short, fun read, but the edition I read had a lot of editing errors. Also the narration is in first person, but later it would change to first-person omniscient? Not very readable...really annoying. It feels like this was a first draft and was printed without any editing...maybe the later editions are a little more cohesive.

But overall, the idea is within the Christmas and Holiday spirit and for that it's worth a read.

*Part of the Holiday Reading Challenge

5 comments:

  1. I read this a while back but I remember enjoying it.... hmmm, I might have to read it again. Thanks for the review.

    ♥Nely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I hate spelling mistakes in a book. I find it breaks the flow of reading and I get a bit fixated on them. I would definitely look for another edition to read if I were to pick up this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a cute Christmas book. It's too bad that it had so many errors that could distract you from the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this one...it was cute and simple.
    Mine didnt have spelling errors....sorry yours did..;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this for many years and use it for decoration. And I've never read it. Sounds like it's better as a Christmas decoration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.