Saturday, October 24, 2009

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

ONE LINE REVIEW: Great concept, though a bit on the confusing side.

I really enjoyed the concept of this book. We have a teen girl who, with her dad, hunts the supernatural. But soon her dad's a zombie and she's left to fend for herself against the Big Baddies out there. She meets up with a partial werewolf and a half vampire who are trying to keep her safe from the super evil vampire Sergej who wants her dead because she's "special."

Like I said and interesting concept, but I just didn't like the book's writing style. Some parts were a bit confusing...I didn't understand what was happening until a bit later in some parts and there are some words that are just kind of odd...like we have Musak instead of music and wulf instead of wolf and no explanation why it was different. Not a big deal, just a bit confusing.

But since I find the concept so intriguing I'm still interested in the next book in the series; I just hope it's a bit more understandable.

Language: It also has quite a few f-bombs, just a heads up.

Fun Quotes:
"The smell of apple pies didn't quite fill the house, but it was there, a thread under everything else. It was kind of hard to take Christophe seriously when he smelled like baked goods. I wondered if other djampjir smelled like Hostess Twinkies and sniggered to myself."

Part of the Helluva Halloween and R.I.P challenges.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm not sure I want to read this. You're right, it is an interesting concept, but I don't know if I can get past some of the issues I've heard about it, including yours. Those types of books make me want to write notes in the margins and send it back to the editor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess, i'd be interested to read this just to find out how "special" this gal is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.