I picked up so scary movies to watch over this last week for the Helluva Halloween Challenge! Some were intense, some were a bit funny, and some were just dumb.
1. Dial M For Murder (1954): A man plans to have his wife murdered after learning of her affair, but things don't go according to plan...This was a fun mystery about how to get the husband for attempted murder! Great!
2. Cape Fear (1962): An ex-convict seeks out the man who put him in prison for eight years to seek revenge...This one has Gregory Peck in it and I just love him. This was an excellent scary, suspenseful movie! I was nervous til the very end!
3. Drag Me to Hell (2009): Don't mess with Gypsy ladies! Christine refuses to extend an old ladies mortgage payments and becomes cursed! Soon an evil spirit begins stalking her for three days until she will be finally dragged to Hell! This one was just fun, not terribly scary, but a bit funny and in a few spots suspenseful!
4. Dark Water (2005): A mother and her daughter move into an apartment and soon they are haunted by a little girl who died in the complex. I did not like this movie at all. It wasn't that scary and the storyline was just dumb. Don't recommend it to anyone.
5. What Lies Beneath (2000): After a woman's daughter heads to college she begins to be haunted by a spirit. She decides to find out why she's being haunted/who is this spirit? Michelle Pfeifer and Harrison Ford are excellent in this...it's truly creepy and suspenseful!
6. Night of the Living Dead (1968): The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us! It's like War of the Worlds, but with zombies! A really fun movie!
7. 1408 (2007): John Cusack plays a writer who defuncts haunted places and so when he gets a postcard about the room 1408 in a New York hotel he accepts the challenge...can he get out alive? I loved this movie! It was creepy and suspenseful all in one! Based on a short story by Stephen King...he's always spooky and scary!