Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Movies!

I picked up so scary movies to watch over this last week for the Helluva Halloween Challenge! Some were intense, some were a bit funny, and some were just dumb.

1. Dial M For Murder (1954): A man plans to have his wife murdered after learning of her affair, but things don't go according to plan...This was a fun mystery about how to get the husband for attempted murder! Great!

2. Cape Fear (1962): An ex-convict seeks out the man who put him in prison for eight years to seek revenge...This one has Gregory Peck in it and I just love him. This was an excellent scary, suspenseful movie! I was nervous til the very end!

3. Drag Me to Hell (2009): Don't mess with Gypsy ladies! Christine refuses to extend an old ladies mortgage payments and becomes cursed! Soon an evil spirit begins stalking her for three days until she will be finally dragged to Hell! This one was just fun, not terribly scary, but a bit funny and in a few spots suspenseful!

4. Dark Water (2005): A mother and her daughter move into an apartment and soon they are haunted by a little girl who died in the complex. I did not like this movie at all. It wasn't that scary and the storyline was just dumb. Don't recommend it to anyone.

5. What Lies Beneath (2000): After a woman's daughter heads to college she begins to be haunted by a spirit. She decides to find out why she's being haunted/who is this spirit? Michelle Pfeifer and Harrison Ford are excellent in this...it's truly creepy and suspenseful!

6. Night of the Living Dead (1968): The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us! It's like War of the Worlds, but with zombies! A really fun movie!

7. 1408 (2007): John Cusack plays a writer who defuncts haunted places and so when he gets a postcard about the room 1408 in a New York hotel he accepts the challenge...can he get out alive? I loved this movie! It was creepy and suspenseful all in one! Based on a short story by Stephen King...he's always spooky and scary!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, What Lies Beneath. That was so good. I haven't watched 1408 yet, but I've heard good things. I rented it once and was so busy I had to take it back without watching it. Story of my life.
    I've been leery of Drag Me to Hell, I think just because the title is so cheesy. I might have to watch it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paranormal books and stuff but I don't like the movies! I have no idea why LOL :-P so therefor I have seen none of these and now thanks to your review I won't be seeing Dark Water anytime soon!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love #1--of course you can hardly go wrong with Grace Kelly in a movie. #2--the 1962 version is definitely the best. #5 had me so on edge but I agree about #4. I've never seen 1408. I love John Cusack but don't really like to be scared so it's a toss up whether or not I ever will see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen Cape Fear and 1408. I want to see what Lies Beneath and Dial M for Murder. Love your list and mini reviews :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.