Monday, October 12, 2009

Book Review: Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange (Aug. 1, 2009)

Summary:
Mr. Darcy, Vampyre starts where Pride and Prejudice ends and introduces a dark family curse so perfectly that the result is a delightfully thrilling, spine-chilling, breathtaking read. A dark, poignant and visionary continuation of Austen's beloved story, this tale is full of danger, darkness and immortal love.

Review:

This was a light and fun adaptation of what happens after Pride and Prejudice. Why is Darcy so brooding and miserable all the time? Well, now we know...he's a vampire! Well, there's not a lot of vampire action, and she didn't quite portray Lizzy the way I imagined her in the original Pride and Prejudice, but it was still a fun twist and well worth at least one read.

Part of the Everything Austen Challenge, Helluva Halloween and R.I.P. Challenges.

9 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around a lot latey and wasn't sure what to make of it. I'll have to give it a try. Fun review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this for the Everything Austen Challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this one in my to-read pile...need to get to it! Glad you enjoyed it. I'll be on the lookout for Lizzy inconsistencies. Fun mini-review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this, but I've been leery. I know I will break down and read it, though, because come on! I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which did you prefer: Pride and Prejudice & Zombies, or this one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this one was just okay. Great potential though, and Darcy does spend some excellent time doing what he does best - brooding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading this one right now. It's not as bad as I expected it to be, but not exactly "can't put it down" reading either. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Lula - I thought it was just okay. There were definitely parts I liked (especially the beginning), but I agree with you that Elizabeth did a lot out of character.

    Good review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.