There are three levels to choose from:
- Philogynist: read at least two books, including at least one nonfiction one.
- Bluestocking: read at least five books, including at least two nonfiction ones.
- Suffragette: read at least eight books, including at least three nonfiction ones.
The 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.
There are four levels:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
I originally signed up for the mini one, but my list has grown since then so it'll probably be at least 25...only time will tell...
All About the Brontes Challenge hosted by Laura's Reviews that runs from January to July 2010.
Read, watch, listen to anything Bronte-sister related! I'm so excited about this one. I have almost all of the Jane Eyres ever produced on video...well, the good ones anyway. The others I'll just have to borrow, and this also gives me a chance to read more of Charlotte and Anne Bronte!
Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge hosted by Lisa of Lit and Life lasting all year long. I've never watched the Gilmore Girls, but have heard great things about this show. And I guess they talk about a lot of books! So Lisa decided to list them all in their categories and has challenged us to read what we can! It's a huge list. So part of my challenge is to actually watch the Gilmore Girls this year too while reading their books! I noticed that a few of the books I wanted to read this year coincided with a few on this list so I thought, sure, why not!
5. I'm also doing my own challenge of Read My Own Books...I went a little crazy at the local thrift store with books this year as well as Amazon, Walmart, Barnes and Noble, etc with book buying so now my stack is quite huge.
6. I'm also doing a mini challenge for myself this month and next with Martin Luther King Junior's birthday and Black History month in February. I'm reading a few books on Martin Luther King, Jr and a few books on African-American studies.
5. I know I'll be joining anything Halloween related as well and holiday related when the time comes and The Fear Itself Challenge by Donna of Bites will be coming around as well and maybe another Everything Austen Challenge! So I know I'm going to have lots to keep me busy this year, plus I'm still taking an online course and I need to be reading their huge volumes on anatomy and medical terminology so that'll keep me busy too!
Wish me luck and I wish you all luck in your challenges as well! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!