Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Movie Meme and Movie Week Wrap-up


Feature Presentation...

MONDAY MOVIE MEME
hosted by Molly and Andy of The Bumbles Blog
This week's movie topic is all about Sports...

1. Remember the Titans (2000): This movie inspired me and made me cry and laugh! Denzel Washington does an excellent job and so does his co-star who is now Claire Bear on Heroes! Go high school Football.

2. Miracle (2004): We love being the underdog! Not a big hockey fan but this one was exciting!

3. Hoosiers (1986): The big b-ball one; it's a classic!

4. Field of Dreams (1989): Classic Kevin Costner and baseball!

5. Eight Men Out (1988): Is it the White Sox or the Black Sox? This one was a great story.

5-Word Weekly Movie Wrap-up
I took a break these last couple of holiday weeks so I have a few more on my list than normal!

1. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow ( 2004): Gwyneth, Jude, robots, and steampunk!
2. Dan in Real Life (2007): Steals his brother's girlfriend, funny!
3. The Bourne Ultimatum (2007): Bourne continues to kick booty!
4. X-Files Season One (1993-1994): Aliens, Scully, Mulder, big mobiles.
5. X-Files Season Two (1994-1995): Clones, circus folk, more aliens.
6. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003): ghouly classic characters in steampunk!
7. Jesus Christ Superstar (2000): Great music with modern Christ.
8. Pride and Prejudice (2005): Matthew McFadyen is my Darcy!

8 comments:

  1. he's my Darcy too *dreamy sigh*

    nice list today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your movie choices! Remember the Titans me made laugh & cry. Loved Denzel Washington in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew, Colin I'd take either Mr. Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed Eight Men Out -- I love that movie! My list is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am slamming my head against the wall like Heather having forgotten all about 8 Men Out. How could I let John Cusak in a baseball role slip through the cracks???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matthew Macfadyen is SO my Mr.Darcy. There's something about him that's so undeniably charming :)

    I have an award for you! :)
    http://atpemberley.blogspot.com/2010/01/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only have seen Pride and Predujice, Jesus Christ Superstar and the first season of the X-files. That show was really great, too bad it had to stop. :)

    Have fun watching the cool shows and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love Remember the Titans. With Sunshine...lol. We are the Titans, Mighty Mighty Titans...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.