Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Frightfall Readathon and Something Wicked September 1- October 31st


 Michelle over at Seasons of Reading and Castle Macabre is hosting a two-month long readathon for all books scary! She's even hosting a read-along for The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.

I plan on getting to a few mysteries and horror over the next two months:

  • The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones
  • Heaven, My Home by Attica Locke
  • Darkly: Black History and America's Gothic Soul by Leila Taylor
  • Fledgling by Octavia Butler
  • The Likeness by Tana French
  • Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chobsky
  • Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
  • The Memory Police by Yoko Ogawa
  • The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling
  • Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff
I don't think I'll read all of these! But I've got a big list to choose from so I'm excited to dive in.


I'll also be following along with The Woman in White read-along!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah another blog I follow is having a similar spooky two month read-athon so I guess it could fit for both sites. Here's that link: https://bookchatter.net/2020/08/28/the-2020-r-i-p-xv-challenge-i-am-here-for-it/
    I think I will do it. I like your list. The Memory Police is good and you might also like Severance. I might read a Shirley Jackson book for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go along with R.I.P. but it's only on Instagram and Twitter this year instead of a home for blogs. I'll follow along with Instagram but it's just not the same this year, unfortunately. Good to hear about The Memory Police and Severance. Both have been on my list since last October.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.