Wednesday, September 9, 2020

August Movies


 You Should Have Left

Director: David Koepp
Writers: David Koepp (screenplay) and Daniel Kehlmann (novel)
Stars: Kevin Bacon, Amanda Seyfried
Tagline: The house find you.
Genre: Horror
Release Date: June 18, 2020
Watched: On demand rental

It was creepy and overall a lot better than I was expecting. There's a bit of a twist and I liked it.


Black Is King

Director: Emmanuel Adjei and Ibra Ake
Writers: Beyonce and Yrsa Daley-Ward
Stars: Beyonce, Folajomi 'FJ' Akin Murele
Genre: Music video
Release Date: July 31, 2020
Watched: Disney+

I enjoyed the music and the visuals. Beyonce always makes some beautiful music.


The One and Only Ivan

Director: Thea Sharrock
Writers: Mike White (screenplay) and Katherine Applegate (novel)
Stars: Sam Rockwell and Bryan Cranston
Genre: Children
Release Date: August 21, 2020
Watched: Disney+

It was a nice movie to watch with the family. The book source is done a lot better and with more heart.


An American Pickle

Director: Brandon Trost
Writer: Simon Rich
Stars: Seth Rogen, Sarah Snook
Genre: Comedy
Release Date: August 6, 2020
Watched: HBO Max

I really liked this. Seth Rogen can be hit or miss with me but I liked this oddball comedy about a immigrant Jewish man who gets pickled or brined for a few decades and wakes up to realize his family is all gone and his only descendant is a schmutz. 


Project Power

Directors: Henry Joost, Schulman
Writer: Mattson Tomlin
Stars: Jamie Foxx, Joseph Gordon-Leavitt
Tagline: What would you risk for 5 minutes of power?
Genre: Action, Sci-fi
Release Date: August 14, 2020
Watched: Netflix

I also thought this was a fun action-packed movie. The mystery was interesting and our young heroine was flawless. 


1BR

Director: David Marmor
Writer: David Marmor
Stars: Nicole Bryden, Giles Matthey
Tagline: Welcome to the neighborhood
Genre: Horror
Release Date: April 24, 2020
Watched: Netflix

I loved this twisted thriller. You need the stomach for it but it was right up my alley.


Behind You

Directors: Andrew Mecham, Matthew Whedon
Writers: Andrew Mecham, Matthew Whedon
Stars: Addy Miller, Jan Broberg
Genre: Horror
Release Date: April 4, 2020
Watched: Netflix

This was a wacky demon-haunted horror. The script was terrible and the acting but I don't know, I kind of liked it. I guess I'm hard up for horror and it kind of hit the spot. It was an Oculus wanna-be but didn't.

2 comments:

  1. Of these I'm curious about the Kevin Bacon one. If you thought it was good .... I'll check it out. It looks spooky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't bad! I enjoy a fun horror and this one did it for me. I hope you like it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.