Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday--Winter TBR List

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week is all about the winter TBR list. What are my top ten? Or even ten I want to try to get to? Technically Fall lasts til the end of December but by the time Thanksgiving is over, I'm onto that winter TBR list...

1. Krampusnacht: 12 Nights of Krampus by Kate Wolfold

2. Hamlet by William Shakespeare...(this was my classic spin...)

3. From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty

4. Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini

5. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I bought the annotated edition and want to keep working through it this December

6. I Am Half-Sick of Shadows: A Flavia de Luce Novel by Alan Bradley. I enjoyed the first one in the series. This one is number four but it's holiday-related and I love cozy holiday mysteries.

7. I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi

8. Words on the Move by John McWhorter

9. The Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan

10. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown or her new one Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone.

OK, a couple more... The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden and When the English Fall by David Williams...I may try to get to these in January when the holidays are over and I need some exciting stuff to get me warm. I got these over the cyber deals on Kindle this weekend and hope to get to these this winter as well! So at least twelve!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I try to read it every December. Such a wonderful Christmas classic.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read A Christmas Carol before! I have always been interested but I am always a little intimidated by thick classics. Awesome list! Happy reading.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Christmas Carol is actually pretty short. It's pretty readable!

      Delete
  3. Are you going to straight up read Hamlet? My preference is to watch an excellent production while reading, and I can recommend the Branagh version because it is all there, all 4+ hours of it! Enjoy--it's a great play.

    I like A Christmas Carol but actually haven't read it in a number of years--the annotated version would be a good way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up a few books on Shakespeare and Hamlet to help me along, but I haven't seen the Branagh version yet; I did the see the Mel Gibson version a long time ago. I love anything Branagh does so I'll be sure to watch this next month! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. I love A CHRISTMAS CAROL. I re-read it every Christmas. The annotated version sounds interesting. I'll have to add it to my list for Santa :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only heard of a couple of those. I love A Christmas Carol. It is a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.