Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Classics Club Spin


The Spin # is.....4! I will be reading Shakespeare's Hamlet! Wish me luck!

I have not been reading my classics club list like I should have been this year. Well, thank the goddess that they do mini-challenges throughout the year to kick our(my) butt into gear.

I need to pick 20 from my list and then on Friday November 17, they will pick a number and I will "have" to finish that book by the end of the year! So without further adieu....

Five I'm dreading to read...(only because they're long or really ancient!)

1. The Histories by Herodotus

2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (it would be a re-read from high school and I did not like it then so I hesitate now!)

3. Sophie's Choice by William Styron (I'm not sure how much I want to cry...)

4. Hamlet by William Shakespeare (Shakespeare always makes me nervous, though the movies and seeing the plays are amazing)

5. Moby Dick by Herman Melville (I've grown afraid of all the whaling dialog in the book!)

Five I can't wait to read...

6. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

8. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

9. Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin

10. The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois

Five I'm neutral about...

11. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

12. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

13. Middlemarch by George Eliot

14. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte

15. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Five freebies and/or re-reads

16. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

17. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

18. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

19. Don Quixote of La Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes

20. Every Tongue Got to Confess: Negro Folk-tales from the Gulf States by Zora Neale Thurston


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.