Thursday, November 9, 2017

Happy Carl Sagan Day!

source
Carl Sagan was born November 9, 1934 and would be 83 years old if he were alive today. He was a great science popularlizer during the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. He created the Cosmos series and wrote Contact and The Demon-haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark.

I grew up on Sagan. My mom loved him and instilled in me a love too. His life was taken too early. I enjoy paying a little homage to him every year on his birthday. I try to rewatch the original Comsos series at least once a year. He was a beautiful writer and eloquent speaker.



2 comments:

  1. It is always sad to lose someone you've admired all your life. There are so many great celebrities dying lately. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate his work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.