Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Nonfiction November Week 2-- Nonfiction/fiction Pairings



This week is hosted by Sarah's Book Shelves. Pick a fiction book you'd pair up with your favorite non-fiction book.

My pick would be Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates and The Hate U Give by Angie Thompson. Coates' book gives you a perspective of being Black in America and what it's been like for him and what he hopes for his own son. The Hate U Give brings a lot of these experiences into a story for young adults. It's gripping and emotional; they complement each other.


7 comments:

  1. The Hate U Give has been on a lot of lists this week. I've added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be my favorite pairing this week... both are excellent books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get to both of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoyed his new book We Were Eight Years in Power, you will definitely enjoy both of these!

      Delete
  4. I loved Coates's book so am adding The Hate to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.