Sunday, September 1, 2013

RIP VIII!

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril the VIII starts today!!!! Hosted by Carl over at Stainless Steel Droppings. I participated a few years ago but haven't been able to for awhile so I'm happy to be participating this year. This runs from Sept. 1-Oct. 31st!



They have a group read as well--The Historian by Elizabeth Kostava. I've been meaning to read this every year for Halloween and well, it's time!



Basically, we can read anything that's scary, suspenseful, horror, etc. May favorites are zombies. There is just something about them that speaks to my proverbial soul! So definitely zombie books. Definitely an anthology of short horror stories. Definitely The Historian. Definitely lots of scary zombie movies and cheesy classic horrors!!!

I accept these challenges! And if I do not finish may the zombies eat my brains and the brains of my child ;)


Read 4 books!1

Read a few short stories!2


Watch some perilous movies!


Read The Historian!
May the scary times begin!

1-1. World War Z
2. Dust and Bones
3. Romeo & Juliet and Vampires
4. The Historian


2-I'm thinking some Edgar Allen Poe short stories!

9 comments:

  1. You better finish this challenge - your firstborn is way too cute to let the zombie's eat his brains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping this is the year I FINALLY read The Historian!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! I imbibed last year (or maybe the year before?) and had fun. I don't have time to have that much fun with my reading right now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably don't have time either but I've gotta give this to myself this year! I need this :)

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, how can we resist imbibing peril!? I'm in too, as I am every year. I'm also reading along with The Historian. It's a reread for me. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romeo and Juliet and Vampires...oh dear... :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're returning to RIP this year - it's always so much fun! The Historian has been on my list for a long time, but unfortunately I won't be able to participate in the readalong this month.. hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.