Monday, September 16, 2013

A Reading Life (2)

Image Source

A Reading Life...hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict, and also inspired by Lisa at Lit and Life--Life: It Goes On...is a meme where we get to talk about other stuff we're doing in our lives along with reading!

Listening To: RadioLab was excellent this last week. Talking about the brain, it's disorders and how far do those disorders deflect blame on ourselves when we mess up? Kind of blew my mind.

Books finished last week:

The Violinist's Thumb
 by Sam Kean. Will review this week :)

Reading:

  • The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova for R.I.P. VIII
  • Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  • Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation by Elissa Stein
  • Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
  • A Skeleton at the Helm: Tales of Ghost Ships, Derelicts, & Hauntings at Sea by John Richard Stevens also for R.I.P. VIII


Coming Up:

Lots of zombie movies :) Watching Evil Dead this weekend! Also planning a craft night so I can get some Fall crafts done before October :)

Watching:

Eureka. So funny and informative!

Making:

Homemade pizza. I will be preparing the pizza dough as soon as I'm done with this post :)

Grateful For:

The Internet. I really don't know how people existed without it for eons and eons....

Looking forward to:

Some 3D movies I'm ordering this weekend! Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness....

Picture:

Gabe's first soccer game tonight!

Enjoying Gabe playing soccer for the first time! He really enjoys it :)

3 comments:

  1. You always read the most interesting non-fiction books! I love that Gabe is playing soccer. I can't wait to sign Gage up next spring. So darn cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.