Monday, September 23, 2013

A Reading Life September 23, 2013

Image Source

A Reading Life...hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict, and also inspired by Lisa at Lit and Life--Life: It Goes On...is a meme where we get to talk about other stuff we're doing in our lives along with reading!

Listening To: Not much this week, unfortunately :(

Books finished last week:

Warm Bodies
 by Isaac Marion.

Reading:

  • The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova for R.I.P. VIII
  • Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  • Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation by Elissa Stein
  • Finding Flow: The Psychology of Finding Engagement With Everyday Life by Mihaly Csikzsentmihalyi
  • A Skeleton at the Helm: Tales of Ghost Ships, Derelicts, & Hauntings at Sea by John Richard Stevens also for R.I.P. VIII
I have a few that I'll be finishing up here in the next week!

Coming Up:

I still have a lineup of zombie movies in my Netflix queue...28 Days Later just arrived and the original Dawn of the Dead is next in line!

Watching:

Still watching zombie and horror movies. :)

Making:

I made stew, bread, apple butter, grilled corn, and mulled some wine to bring in the Fall season on Sunday. I shared it with some friends and it was amazing!


I will also be making Tuscan Tortellini later this week. My devoted hubby is headed off on a work trip for 3 weeks and leaving me alone with the little guy for a bit. So my friend Stacie has agreed to "adopt" us throughout the 3 weeks and I've decided to make her and her family this wonderful hearty Fall soup :)

Grateful For:

The cool nights, Fall, and great family and friends to share it with.

Looking forward to:

World War Z was quite good and scary in 3D!

I'm not looking forward to my hubby being gone for 3 weeks but am looking forward to fun times with friends that are planning some extra things with Gabe and me :)

Picture:

Our fun day :)

We visited a local place that has huge gardens, a lake, waterfalls, and fish today with friends. It's getting close to closing time for outdoor places like this. So it was nice to get out and enjoy the mild sunny weather and run around!

6 comments:

  1. You've got a lot going on on the reading front! Three weeks without the hubby? I don't mind having mine gone for a couple of days at a time (who am I kidding? I love having him gone once in a while!) but three weeks is a long time. Glad you have fun plans to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be killer but we'll survive ;)

      I'm reading too many but I'll get through them eventually!

      Delete
  2. Sorry I missed stopping by last week. Time gets away from me sometimes and you know I've been up to a lot with the new Lit Collective. I'm so glad that you'll be joining us!

    I didn't do Reading Life post this week. It's a crap work week (the end of the month always is) so in the evening/night I just want to veg (well, as much as possible with two boys in the house...haha). Did you finish The Historian? I'm behind, but I've read it before so I'm not concerned. I'll catch up quick because I'm SO remembering why I loved it the first time.

    I love Zombie movies! 28 Days Later is a fave and I've seen World War Z twice. Great movie! I can't wait for The Walking Dead next month! Do you watch it?

    Have a great week! Only five more days until FrightFall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited about the Lit Collective!

      Zombie books and movies are so fun. I can't wait to finally sit down and watch 28 Weeks Later.

      Almost done with The Historian!

      I have the first season almost watched for Walking Dead!

      Delete
  3. Three weeks is too long. You are blessed to have such great friends. :) Jason took a trip for two nights and I was frantic about planning a trip home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some wonderful friends, and I am so glad they will be helping me out with my sanity the next three weeks!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.