Sunday, September 15, 2013

R.I.P. VIII--Jaws (Film Review)

Jaws (1975)



I watched Jaws as part of my R.I.P. VIII challenge. Tis the season and all.





I think I saw Jaws back when I was a kid but I didn't remember much. This came out before there was a PG-13 rating...it was pretty bloody. But that's to be expected for a creature feature. I kind of felt bad for the shark....He was just tryin' to eat and then all these humans start swimming out there in the ocean and crazy killings commence. They never quite explain why this shark became so intelligent as to actually hunt humans by overturning their boats, etc. Some kind of mutant from damage to our oceans? I like that one. Payback's a bitch...

It had some great jumpy parts and the music was done so well. But I do not fear sharks more than usual and I'm not afraid to go into the ocean! Glad I saw it but I was expecting a bit more on the scares. I think modern movies have desensitized me...


3 comments:

  1. I think this is a great movie - the music alone is just amazing! Of course these days it probably seems really dated but I still like it. You've made me want to watch it again now!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; it's kind of what you grow up on! It's just a bit cheesy, right? ;)

      Delete
  2. I liked this one when I watched it awhile back, but some of those shark close-ups did make me laugh.
    I like your payback theory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.