Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Reading Life! September 8, 2013 (1)

Image Source

A Reading Life...hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict, and also inspired by Lisa at Lit and Life--Life: It Goes On...is a meme where we get to talk about other stuff we're doing in our lives along with reading!

Listening To: Lots of podcasts. I just got a new app on my android that allows me to download all my podcasts and will then automatically erase them after I'm done! So fantastic. Star Talk Radio, RadioLab, and Skeptics Guide to the Universe are a few of my favorites!

Books finished last week:

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson.

Reading:

  • The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova for R.I.P. VIII
  • Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  • The Violinist's Thumb by Sam Kean


Coming Up:

I'm planning on getting into some more zombie books as Halloween and the R.I.P. challenge are upon me :). Probably Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion, Dust and Ashes by Jonathon Maberry. Movies...zombie horror flicks, of course!

Watching:

Portlandia and I just finished up Orange is the New Black! So intense; I can't wait for the second season. And we just got a 3D blu ray player so we're watching some 3D stuff :)

Making:

I'm getting really excited for Fall. Pumpkin and mulled everything. But that's still a few weeks away. So I've been making a lot of chai tea and green smoothies. I'm sure this will be more interesting soon...

Grateful For:

For glue stitches instead of actual stitches for my 4-year-old. I don't know if I could have taken the trauma of an actual sewn in stitch....

Looking forward to:

Fall splendor
Image Source

Fall. Fall colors, mulling ciders and wines. Baking pumpkin breads, hot chocolate, and pumpkin spice everything at the coffee shops. Halloween and reading all the scary books this month and next!








Picture:

Gabe being a trooper after the glued stitch :)

First non-stitch! They glued it! Such a trooper.

6 comments:

  1. Gabe is such a tough guy.
    I'm not much for zombie reading, but I did just get to the outbreak part in The Passage and so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm not sure why I have such an obsession ;)

      Delete
  2. I thought The Historian was very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting is a good word. The beginning was great, but it's lagging a bit in the middle. I'm hoping it'll pick back up soon.

      Delete
  3. Sorry I'm just now stopping by. Thanks for linking up. =O)

    I can't wait for pumpkin everything! Love it. I keep it going through Christmas. I think it's appropriate for that holiday too.

    Poor Gabe! Hope he's okay. I wish they would have had/used the glue when Gabe was attacked by our dog when he was 18 months old. He needed one stitch, but it was super traumatic because of the nature of the attack/injury and they had to wrap him up like a mummy to keep him still while he stitched. The glue would have been so much better!

    I still think it's so funny that our sons have the same name. You know, Charlie Courtland, the author and blogger, has a son named Gabe too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I'm so sorry about your son. It's so traumatic when they get sit and or injured. I love that his name is Gabe!!!!

      I just made some pumpkin homemade cocoa and it turned out delish!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.