Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy by Sara Angelini

This does get a bit steamy in parts and there is some language, but overall this was a really fun love story. The author did a wonderful job of modernizing the story of Pride and Prejudice.

The story rests around Lizzy and Darcy, she's a lawyer and he's the judge...sparks soon fly in out of the courtroom. They have a steamy romance in England, but they have to break up once they're back in the States...do they find a way to be together despite the courtroom ethics?

We still have Jane and Bingley, his witchy sister Caroline, and the rest of her family...but the author introduces Lou to us, Lizzy's best friend who is gay. It adds a wonderful dynamic to the story. There is no Wickham in this adaptation. I like that, though, since the story turns into how two people finally realize what true love is (i.e., plot isn't quite as complex).

So read P&P first and then pick up this delightful adaptation!

*Part of the Everything Austen Challenge

5 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. Interesting modern idea of P&P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I love all things Pride & Prejudice. I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won this one in a giveaway. I still have one thing left for the Austen challenge, this might be it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a couple chapters of this at the bookstore, and I thought it was fabulous! Will definitely be putting this on my wishlist. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.