Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Top Ten Books On My TBR Fall List

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I have a lot of horror to be read...but I will focus on after Halloween reading. I enjoy a good cozy mystery and memoirs as the weather gets colder and Halloween is in the rear view mirror! And maybe a quick non-fiction book as well to get the brain going.

1. A Hiss-tory of Magic by Harper Lin. I picked up a three-pack mystery for my Kindle a few months ago and Fall will be a perfect time to dive on in. It combines mystery and cats for a (I hope) perfect combination.

2. The Fact of a Body: A Murder and a Memoir by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich. I've heard good things and if I don't get to it in October this will be on top for November.

3. A Crack in Creation: Gene Editing and the Unthinkable Power to Control Evolution by Jennifer A. Doudna and Samuel H. Sternberg. It's a short book and looks like it'll explain how CRISPR got started and where it could take us in the future.

4. The Rules Do Not Apply: A Memoir by Ariel Levy. I've heard this is a great memoir on grief.

5. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. I've been reading this one on and off this year and intend to finish it before the new year!

6. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I read the abridged version when I was a teenager and have been wanting to read the unabridged version for years now. I'll do my best!

7. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates. It's a new collection of his essays written while Obama was president. I'm excited to have more of his writing in my hands.

8. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee. Looks like this will be a nice Fall read from the young adult historical fiction genre.

9. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. It's his new one and I read all of his books.

10. I'm not sure yet but I may reread Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights in December or maybe a Jane Austen....

2 comments:

  1. I only read LW as an adult, but liked it so much better than I thought I would! Hope it's a good read for you. I've been meaning to read Don Quixote for years--I think I would probably take a full year to read it myself.

    Happy Fall Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read the new John Green.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.