Friday, September 1, 2017

R.eaders I.imbibing P.eril XII Challenge

R.I.P. Challenge


It's that time of year again! The R.I.P. challenge kicks the autumnal season off for me. I think this is the first year in a long time I've actually signed up on time. Go me! It runs from September 1-October 31, 2017.

Heather and Andi are hosting over at Estella's Revenge. The challenge is to read anything that falls into the scary-type genre: Mystery, suspense, horror, gothic, supernatural, dark fantasy, thriller, etc.

You can also signup to read short stories, watch movies and television, or read-a-long with their group read of The Slade House by David Mitchell. To signup head over here and choose at your own peril...

I plan on doing Peril the First challenge by reading four or more books during the next 2 months.

Possible books are:

It by Stephen King

The Troop by Nick Cutter

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

Horns by Joe Hill

Dracula by Bram Stoker on audiobook

Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Black-eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin

Ghost Story by Peter Straub

The Exorcist by William Peter Beatty

I'm also going to watch a lot of horror movies and TV shows over the next two months!

Possible movies/TV Shows:

It

It Comes at Night

Mother!


The Host

Kill List

The Thing (1982)

Dawn of the Dead (1974)

American Horror Story

Scream Queens

The Exorcist

The X-files

I'll probably watch a lot more horror movies than I have listed here. But I'm putting these movies at the top of my list!

May the Perils begin......

4 comments:

  1. I have seen a lot of pots about the R.I.P challenge over the years, but I have never participated. I'm not sure I totally understand what it is, but it has always looked fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a fun way to read and watch horror books and movies and share in that with other bloggers! I get a lot of great ideas from others and it helps bring in the season.

      Delete
  2. I think IT is a must read before the movie. I want to see Mother too. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have less than a week! I'm planning on going next Tuesday!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.