Thursday, September 21, 2017

Cat Thursday--September 21, 2017


Welcome to the weekly meme (hosted by True Book Addict) that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s)

This Cat Thursday brings us to Artsy.net with an editorial about the weird and wonderful world of pet portraits. Scott Indrisek introduces a few artists who commission pet portraits. Each artist is very unique. Click on the link to get the full rundown of each artist and their work. But I will post a few of my favorites!

Max Siebel, Henry, 2015Courtesy of the artist.

Paul Miller, Rugby and Miles, 2017. Courtesy of the artist.  
Max Siebel, Steve, 2000Courtesy of the artist.
Emma Stern, Mooshie Portrait, 2016. Courtesy of the artist. 

There are also some fun dog ones but since this is Cat Thursday...I chose not to feature them! Go check out the rest!

2 comments:

  1. These are great! I love the old-fashioned ones.

    There's a cat artist who can do custom portraits and she also does pop culture type depictions. Her name is Jenny Parks. She had a contest a few years ago and the prize was a Hannibal (the TV show) depiction. I won it! You can see it (and visit her site) here: http://www.jennyparks.com/hannibal

    Thanks for sharing. I'm going to bookmark for future reference. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.