Monday, February 4, 2019

Week-in-Review-- A Week of Sick

G was out the week before. I got the flu last week and now DH has it this week. Yuck. It was not a fun week. But we survived. We made it to the dentist. G still made it to his basketball game. We ate food and slept.

2019-02-02 13.00.42
Neither him nor I were happy to be there! Clean bill of health no cavities!

BOOKS FINISHED: 


  • The Truth As Told By Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor
  • Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
  • Hello World: Being Human in the Age of Algorithms by Hannah Fry

BOOKS I'M CURRENTLY READING:



  • And I Darken by Kiersten White
  • On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
  • Sense of Style: A Thinking Person's Guide to Writing in the 21st Century by Steven Pinker
  • Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America by Melissa V. Harris-Perry

LISTENING TO: 




  • The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African American Culinary History in the Old South by Michael W. Twitty (on Audible)

WATCHING: 


TV:
  • HBO's: True Detective Season 3. It's fascinating! I love Mahershala Ali in this. I hope he wins an Emmy or something for this role. 
Movies:

  • Won't You Be My Neighbor (2018): Very touching documentary on the life of Mr. Rogers. Why did this not get nominated for best documentary????
  • The Little Stranger (2018): The book was better and more subtle and terrifying but the movie is still worth a watch.
  • BlacKkKlansman (2018): Fascinating story.
  • Revenge (2017): Loved this French story of revenge.
  • Beautiful Boy (2018): A look into the horrors of chronic drug addiction.
  • Into the Dark: Down (2019): The best one yet of this year-long anthology from Hulu.
(Actual reviews to come...)
 
This is what happens when you're sick for a week....


Making: 


A cake! G's birthday is Saturday and I want to make him a Minecraft cake...we shall see.

Looking Forward to:

I did nothing for Groundhog day...but I am looking forward to G's birthday weekend. We're taking him and his cousin out to a bounce/trampoline place. Then pizza and cake!

I'm also hoping we get our water main leak figured out and fixed soon! That's been a big stressor this week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.