Monday, February 25, 2019

Week-in-Review-- Blog All About It: Pink

Happy Valentine's Day! Ok, so it's two weeks too late. But since it's the month of all things Pink and Red I decided to use my week-in-review and my post for Blog All About It: Pink all together.

Blog All About It


I got come great cards from DH and my blogging friend Stacy! Thanks so much! Even G had a great time filling out his Valentines for school and creating a Shadow Valentine box.

2019-02-13 19.48.24


2019-02-17 09.01.372019-02-17 09.01.31

G also had another ballroom competition. His school team did not make the final round for the next competition but they all did their best and had a great time! Couldn't be prouder!

2019-02-16 09.59.02



I watched the Oscar's last night. I thought the idea of no host was going to go so wrong. But what a pleasant surprise...the show ran just slight over 3 hours and the presenters and winners were all spot-on. Olivia Colman was my absolute favorite....see...Favourite! I'm so punny. She won the Oscar's last night.




Then there are the dresses! I love me some Oscar red carpet fashion. Here are a few of my favorites last night:
Marina de Tavira

Letitia Wright
Kiki Lane
Charlize Theron
Regina King


BOOKS FINISHED: 


  • The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African-American Culinary History in the Old South by Michael W. Twitty

BOOKS I'M CURRENTLY READING:



  • And I Darken by Kiersten White
  • On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
  • Sense of Style: A Thinking Person's Guide to Writing in the 21st Century by Steven Pinker
  • Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America 
  • If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin

LISTENING TO: 


  • The Witch Elm by Tana French

WATCHING: 


TV:
  • Netflix: Black Earth Rising. I really enjoyed this one. The premise is a survivor of the Rwandan genocide seeks answers on why her adopted mother would prosecute the man who led the charge to end the genocide. There's more to it but the whole series brings up the world players involved and post-colonialism. It's a sobering TV show and I would only recommend it if you're up to the emotional roller coaster.

Movies:


  • RBG-- A lovely documentary on Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
  • Isn't It Romantic-- A surprisingly funny and charming rom-com starring Rebel Wilson.
  • Bohemian Rhapsody-- I loved Rami Malek's transformation and the music was a blast. Not the best biopic but overall an enjoyable experience.
  • A Star is Born-- I loved Bradley Cooper and Lady GaGa. They had amazing chemistry and the music was beautiful. Well done!
Making: 


Since I am still recovering, I have not made a lot with my crochet needles or food for that matter. But I did manage a couple of Instant Pot meals for sloppy joes and an alfredo pasta dish. And even some quick chicken fajitas from the oven!

Looking Forward to:

Game night Saturday! We've officially found another family to play games with. We're all very excited about this. G gets along well with their son. It's the little things that keep you going.

Spring! We just got our water main fixed this morning. And now I can focus on what I want to do with my garden in the spring. It's just around the corner. Do I want to try a square-foot garden? Stay with the tomato plant and flowers, all three?! So many options.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree that the Oscars worked with no host. I actually liked it better and was so happy when Olivia won. Isn't It Romantic is still playing during the day at our theater. I should go this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.