Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Week-in-review: G's Birthday!

G's birthday was this weekend! I can't believe it. He's 10! Double digits now. Where does the time go? It was low-key and simple and yet he had a lot of fun. We took him and his cousin out to a trampoline jump place. I made him a Minecraft cake at his request. He didn't complain! Yay!

G_10_bday_collage

BOOKS FINISHED: 


  • Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America by Melissa V. Harris-Perry
  • Who is Sonia Sotomayor? by Megan Stine

BOOKS I'M CURRENTLY READING:


  • And I Darken by Kiersten White
  • On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
  • Sense of Style: A Thinking Person's Guide to Writing in the 21st Century by Steven Pinker
  • Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America 

LISTENING TO: 




  • The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African American Culinary History in the Old South by Michael W. Twitty (on Audible)

WATCHING: 


TV:
  • Netflix's: Bordertown. I'm enjoying the Finnish tv show with the Holmes-like detective and the small bordertown they live in close to the Russian border.
Movies:

  • The Lego Movie: The Second Part-- Not as good as the first but still a lot of fun.
  • Velvet Buzzsaw: A very weird movie but had an interesting story.
Making: 


2019-02-08 18.51.53

Here's the finished product for G's cake! The cake fell apart while I tried to layer it but overall the frosting and construction turned out well and G loved it! So that's all that matters.


2019-02-12 08.56.31

And I finally got a pic of my blankets for my great niece and nephew!

Looking Forward to:

G has another ballroom competition this weekend! He's nervous but he'll do great and I just love watching.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to G! All of your books look so good. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! How can he be 10! I swear he was a baby when I starting following your blog (oh, heck, he probably was a toddler, I suppose!). Love your blankets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was probably a baby! I can't believe I've been blogging since he was born. It goes so fast.

      Delete
  3. Yay for double digits! So hard to believe. We saw Lego 2 last week and it was okay. I never saw the first one though. I somehow managed to escape that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend Lego Movie one. The second one make a lot more sense with that one in mind.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.