Thursday, August 30, 2018

Week-in-Review--August 30, 2018

I headed out of town last weekend--up to Boise, Idaho for a little reunion with some ex-pat. friends I met while living in Japan a few years ago. We decided to ride around the city on a bike bar. And yes that is exactly what it is. We brought our own liquid courage and had a sober "driver" who told us when to pedal and when to coast and steered us to a few food spots and a bar or two. It was so fun to see old friends and catch up!

2018-08-25 13.48.50


2018-08-26 13.20.29


2018-08-26 13.26.44



Finished:

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (on Audible)

The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas

Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler

Wishtree by Katherine Applegate

Watched:

The Sinner, started The Innocents on Netflix, still watching Making It, and finished the last episode of Sharp Objects! OMG! So good!

Saw in the theater: The Meg. Surprisingly more watchable that I was expecting. Jason Statham seems to nail the action/cheesiness perfectly!

The Lodgers for my scary movie night! Also a winner.

Listening to:

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman

Making:

I made some excellent sloppy joe's the other night and I will be making some tasty tilapia fish tacos for dinner tonight! It's been grilling all summer long.

Looking forward to:

Camping for Labor Day weekend! We have been looking forward to this with our good friends for a few months and cannot wait to head out of town on Friday!

Reading/Movie Challenges:

I did not excel at Bout of Books last week! But I did manage to finish a few of my books! But I wanted to try it just to see what it was like and hopefully schedule myself better for the next Bout!

I will be participating in a 30 books in 30 days of September with Stacy! Looking forward to that one soon....

Also R.I.P. XIII will be starting in September. I won't be reading as much horror due to my aforementioned challenge but will be going full throttle with scary movies and TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.