Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday-- Books to Pull You Out of a Reading Slump



These are books that are guaranteed to pull me out of a reading slump! Maybe they will for you too.

1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte-- This is my all-time favorite book. I first read it as a teenager and it only gets better each time I read it. Truly a timeless classic.

2. Persuasion by Jane Austen-- My favorite Jane Austen novel.

3. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier-- One of my favorite historical fantasies. It's a beautiful retelling and it's just guaranteed to drawn you in.

4. Harry Potter series J.K. Rowling-- If I'm not sure what to read...this is always a go-to.

5. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Ayedemi-- My love of ya fantasy has been reignited!

6. Yes Please by Amy Poehler-- Listen to this one. She has her friends and family do their own parts and it's hilarious!

7. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah-- Also listen to this one. His accent and his optimism despite his awful childhood is truly inspiring.

8. The Demon-haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan-- Carl Sagan can always get me out of any funk.

9. Brazen: Rebel Ladies Who Rocked the World by Penelope Bragieu-- Great graphic novel collection of women who truly rocked the world.

10. Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell-- I listened to this one. If you love history and comedy, Ms. Vowell is a true national treasure.

Visit That Artsy Reader Girl to participate and find out more!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I see classics! I like that you included some of those. Harry Potter made my list, too.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love me some good old classics. It's what I fell in love with so I know where I can go back to when needed! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I completely forgot about Yes, Please - so funny and I concur about listening to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.