Thursday, August 2, 2018

Cat Thursday-- August 2, 2018

The True Book Addict

Welcome, August! Where has the summer gone? And onto another Cat Thursday hosted by Michelle over at The True Book Addict.

This week I thought I'd highlight a little spotlight on some bookstores that have in-resident cats! KQED, the local PBS branch of the Bay Area, went out and met some local bookstore cats. Here are a few highlights but go check out the original article for all the details!

Meet Hudson from Borderlands:



According to Borderlands if Hudson were an author he'd be Oscar Wilde. "Because he's a sassy freethinker, yet very lovable."

Meet Owen from Aardvark Books!


According to Frieda if he were an author he'd be Christopher Isherwood, "because he's loving, kind, pragmatic and takes life as it comes. Nothing really seems to upset him."

I love cats and bookstores! They go together like Sonny and Cher or peanut butter and jelly!

5 comments:

  1. I love cats, but have to admit that hairless cats freak me out a little! I could see them making great bookstore cats though, in case customers are allergic to fur :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who owns three and she says they are such chill cats. So I've warmed up to them. Plus you can put little sweaters on them in the winter and keep them warm! But they are pretty freaky looking.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Yes, they definitely go together. Mom and I have talked about opening a used bookstore/cafe with cats in residence. One can dream. =^o^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dream job! Yes! I hope you two can one day! That would be an amazing thing to do.

      Delete
  3. I have a hard time imagining Hudson as "lovable!" Never can get over how odd hairless cats look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.