hosted by Molly and Andy @The Bumbles Blog.
This week's theme is all about book to movie adaptations. Which ones are great? Are there any movie better than the book?
1. The Last of the Mohicans (1992): I absolutely love this movie. It has the perfect blend of drama, horror (war, etc), and romance. I was really excited to read the novel and was sorely disappointed. The movie was soooo much better!
2. The Bourne Identity (2002): I actually love the whole series and I really tried to get into the first book by Robert Ludlam and was a bit bored. So I love the movies better than the books.
3. The Secret Life of Bees (2008): Saw the movie first and then read the book. I really enjoyed both, though, the book was a bit better.
4. My Sister's Keeper (2009): I've heard a lot about the book and know how it ends. I don't like the book ending and so was really happy with the new ending in the movie! It just seemed more real and plausible and less shocking for ratings.
5. Speak (2004): I read the book and absolutely loved it! It was so poignant and emotional. The movie wasn't nearly as wonderful as the book, but it was still really well-done and it was the perfect role for Kristen Stewart.
6. Pride and Prejudice (2005): My all-time favorite adaptation of Austen's novel! The first engagement scene is to die for along with the sunrise scene at the end! Sigh!
7. Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince (2009): Still a wonderful movie but compared to the book it was really lacking in detail and the story.
5 Word Weekly Movie Wrap-up
1. Gilmore Girls Season Three (2002-2003): Hit road, Jess! Bye-bye!
2. Stardust (2007): De Niro in tights! Awesome!