Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Genre: mystery
FTC Disclosure: bought from Walmart
Published: 2009
Pages: 509
Content: PG-13 for adult themes, language, and violence


It didn't take me too long to finish this one since all I've been able to do is sit in bed all day reading and napping now that I've come down with a bout of walking pneumonia and with my son having ear infections as well my hubby has been home taking care of our son while I'm taking care of me....so I've been reading instead of blogging...

One Line Summary: A murky version of the same kind of thing as The Da Vinci Code.

This is typical Dan Brown...some mind-boggling, world-changing secret needs to be solved by the world's expert...some really insane evil guy wants this secret for himself/herself and has kidnapped etc people close to world expert and needs help from kidnapped person's family etc, namely a brilliant female costar.

It was still an interesting story for the most part. I enjoyed learning a bit more about the Masons and some historical aspects of America's Capital. But overall, it was a disappointment. It was cliche, the story didn't grip me. I pretty much knew what was going to happen before it happened and I never really felt for any of the characters. And the big mystery at the end wasn't that big of a mystery or eureka type moment. I was thinking...that's it? Plus, it was way too long. It could have been at least a hundred pages shorter and the climax wasn't that climatic and the ending kept going and going and going....

I was hoping for more after a fun ride with The Da Vinci Code, but all I got was a boring version of the same thing.

Rating: 2.5/5

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that about The Lost Symbol. I'm disappointed but I'm still going to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'll be disappointed too, but I'm going to have to read it at some point :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.