Thursday, October 17, 2019

Horror Movie Challenge: Your Favorite Horror Remake

Favorite Horror Remake:


Source
Tagline: Perfection commands sacrifice.

Synopsis: Susie Bannion is a young American ballerina who travels to Berlin to study dancing at the Markos Tanz Company, one of the world's most renowned schools under Madame Blanc's management. On her very first day, one of the students who had been recently expelled from the school is murdered. As this appalling happening does not seem to be an isolated occurrence, the brilliant new student soon begins to suspect that the school might be involved in the homicide. Her mistrust heightens when Sarah, one of the girls at the school, tells her that Pat, before being killed, confided to her that she knew and guarded a terrifying dark secret.




I enjoyed the original but it was confusing. I felt that this remake brought all those elements together but in a new and different way that I could relate with. I absolutely loved the ending in the remake. It's a beautiful piece of horror.

There are other horror remakes that are good but this one stuck out first as I thought about it.

Check out the trailer.

Favorite Slasher Horror Movie

Source

Tagline: If this movie doesn't make your skin crawl ... it's on TOO TIGHT

Synopsis: It's time for Christmas break, and the sorority sisters make plans for the holiday, but the strange anonymous phone calls are beginning to put them on edge. When Clare disappears, they contact the police, who don't express much concern. Meanwhile Jess is planning to get an abortion, but boyfriend Peter is very much against it. The police finally begin to get concerned when a 13-year-old girl is found dead in the park. They set up a wiretap to the sorority house, but will they be in time to prevent a sorority girl attrition problem?





























This is hands-down my all-time favorite slasher! This came out a couple of years before Halloween and you can see some similar elements. Black Christmas took it to college where you're supposed to be safe and sound, especially during Christmas break. It's terrifying to never know who it is or why. Plus to see some familiar faces so young is a great treat. I've never looked at unicorns the same way either .... It's a classic for a reason. 

Check out the trailer




*Part of the 30-Day Horror Movie Challenge by Leah at Unleash the Flying Monkeys

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Black Christmas, so good. But seriously, whenever I look at a crack in a door, I see that eyeball. Every. Time!! *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just rewatched it and I can't believe how good it is. The humor in it is classic as well.

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I don't think I've seen either of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled with the Suspiria remake. The original is one of my all time favorites. That ending though. Absolutely fantastic. I plan to rewatch because sometimes it takes a second watch to realize you like a film.

    Gah! Black Christmas! Scared the crap out of me as a kid. All I could remember was that girl in the attic window with the bag over her head. Eek! When I watched it again as an adult, the eye peeking through the crack in the door...gets me every time. Still scares me every time I watch it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.