Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Week-in-Review: Fall Hiking

First week gone in October. I'm really trying to enjoy this gorgeous weather we're having. It's jacket weather during the days and chilly nights in the evening. It's perfect for making hot chocolate and getting out my kotatsu table!

We even managed a hike up in the mountains to see the beautiful fall colors! Only one tumble by G but after the promise of ice cream on the way home, he perked right up! Ha!

2019-10-06 14.38.59


2019-10-06 14.41.04



Last Week I:


Read:


4 books: Scariest Stories You've Every Heard by Mark Mills, The Forgotten Girl by India Brown Hill (Highly recommend this one), and The Conquest of Happiness by Bertrand Russell, and Chase the Darkness with Me: How One True-crime Reporter Started Solving Crimes by Billy Jensen.

Listened to:

Audible version of Dracula by Bram Stoker. It's a good one with a full-length cast!

Watched:

TV:



I finished off Marianne on Netflix and Light as a Feather on Hulu.


Movies



Haunt and Flatliners (2017) version. Haunt was surprisingly entertaining with a great ending. Fun surprise. Flatliners was just OK. Meh.

Made:

Birthday horror cupcakes for my neighbor and the cocktail Scooby Snack with coconut rum, banana liqueur, melon liqueur, pineapple juice, and whipping cream. Delicioso!

This Week I:

Am currently reading:


I am still reading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman with G, Dead Voices by Katherine Arden also with G, Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand, The Agony House by Cherie Priest, Ghostland: An American in History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey, Dracul by Dacre Stoker, and probably a few more later on this week!

Am currently listening to:

Dracula by Bram Stoker on Audible.

Am looking forward to:

I'm hoping to make some chocolate chip pumpkin cookies this weekend. Shrimp lemon garlic linguini as well and who knows? Some mulled wine? This is one of the cooler Octobers we've had in a few years so I'm loving it!

Also DH and G are headed out next week for a boys camping trip without me. G will meet new cousins and hang out with some old ones as well. All of DH's brothers and their boys are meeting up on the west coast. Mama bear is a little nervous but I know he's in safe hands but I'll be a little lonely this next week. I plan on getting extra work done and extra reading in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.