Sunday, October 20, 2019

Horror Movie Challenge: Favorite Killer Animal Movie

Source

Tagline: The suspense of Alien! The excitement of Jaws! The fun of Back to the Future!

Synopsis: 

A large spider from the jungles of South America is accidentally transported in a crate with a dead body to America where it mates with a local spider. Soon after, the residents of a small California town disappear as the result of spider bites from the deadly spider offspring. It's up to a couple of doctors with the help of an insect exterminator to annihilate these eight legged freaks before they take over the entire town.




























It took me a bit to figure out which movie to go with. Pet Sematary was close to the top as well but the cat doesn't actually kill anyone and I'm not much of a killer animal fan. So Arachnophobia it is. It's probably the first horror movie I saw in the theater. My eldest brother took me to it. He died a few years back and this movie always reminds me of him. It's got scares and humor. Classic.

Check out the trailer here.

Your Favorite Supernatural Horror Film


source
Tagline: Whatever you do ... Don't go into the attic!

Synopsis: 

It was the perfect family vacation for composer John Russell and his family when a freak automobile accident claims the lives of his wife and daughter. Consumed by grief, John, at the request of friends, rents an old turn of the century house. Mammoth in size, the house seems all the room that John needs to write music and reflect. He does not realize that he is not alone in the house. He shares it with the spirit of a child who has homed in on John's despair and uses him to uncover decades of silence and deceit. With the help of Claire Norman, the one who aided John in procuring the house, they race to find the answers and soon learn that a devious and very powerful man guards them. 




I first saw this as a kid (my parents did not know about this)! It scared the bejeebies out of me. I think I had nightmares of a child floating in a well in my bathroom for weeks. I still think about it in the middle of the night when I have to use the bathroom! It's a terrifying movie to me still to this day! I can't watch it alone.

Check out the trailer here.



*Part of the 30-day Horror Movie Challenge hosted by Leah at Unleash the Flying Monkeys

6 comments:

  1. The tagline alone makes me want to watch it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a good funny scare with spiders!

      Delete
  2. Somehow I missed this post :-) The Changeling is so often overlooked, I'm stoked to see you picked it for the prompt. That bouncing ball is what has always stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bouncing ball and that chase by the wheelchair! OMG! Such a great ghost story that's still freaky to this day.

      Delete
  3. Arachnophobia is one I can watch again and again. Those spiders still freak me out.

    I really need to watch The Changeling again. I don't remember it very well. I just got my Shudder subscription back and it's available on there so I will watch it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you watch it soon! Shudder has some good originals I've been wanting to see. But I just don't know if I can justify a subscription yet. Maybe I'll get the free trial and bingewatch what I can in a week!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.