Thursday, January 30, 2014

One Line Movie Reviews (17)

1. My Girlfriend's Boyfriend (2010): Cheesy (so so gooey it sticks) but interesting romance.

Rating: C+

2. The World's End (2013): Not Simon Pegg's best but still great.

Rating: B

3. Elysium (2013): Too much of the white savior story-line and let's not forget about the gaping plot holes!

Rating: C

4. The Wolverine (2013): The plot holes sing in this one but it's Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and I can't deny I loved every minute of it!

Rating: B+


5. The Way Way Back (2013): An adorable coming-of-age story.

Rating: A-


6. American Hustle (2013): The acting is superb but the movie only left me feeling so-so.

Rating: C+

7. Whip It (2009): A great feel-good strong women movie!

Rating: A+

8. The Lone Ranger (2013): I really had to shower after this one; it made me feel dirty for even laughing in a couple of parts.

Rating: D


9. Away We Go (2009): I think it took itself a bit too seriously.

Rating: B-


10. Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010): Not a bad idea but it was terribly executed aka bad acting and script.

Rating: C-


11. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013): A lot better than the first but still suffers from major plot holes and WTF moments with the main character.

Rating: B-



3 comments:

  1. Holy moly, girl! I'm jealous of how many movies you watch :) Amazingly, I have not seen ANY of these! I need to watch the latest Wolverine if for no other reason than to see Hugh. Would it be wrong to ask for that poster for the bedroom, maybe as a Valentine's Day gift? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I do watch a lot of movies but it's usually after Gabe is in bed and I'm multitasking with blogging or reading ;) Plus, when you have the Netflix DVD coming in the mail all of the time it makes you hurry up with that movie watching ;)

      And yes to the Hugh Jackman poster above my bed... ;)

      Delete
  2. It says something, doesn't it, that even a not-as-good Simon Pegg movie is still great. We saw this one in the theater and found it really funny although it got a bit weighed down at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.