Monday, July 8, 2013

William Shakespeare's Star Wars by Ian Doescher

Image Source
What better way to celebrate William Shakespeare and Star Wars than to combine the two? It's Star Wars but written in iambic pentameter play style complete with chorus, asides, and a snarky and talking R2D2!

It's also pretty hilarious to listen to Darth Vader in your head speaking in rhyme and meter.

The only thing against this is the same thing I have against Shakespeare...sometimes it was hard to understand. My poetic brain never truly turns on. So it helped that I already knew the story and could follow along despite the lingo.

Quirk Books even shot a cheesy but funny trailer for the book:



I thoroughly enjoyed this new take on Star Wars and would love to actually see this as a play someday!

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds hilarious! I love Star Wars and need to check this out. Thank-you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh gawd - I have got to get this for my boys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.