Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery by Spencer Quinn

Genre: mystery
FTC Disclosure: library
Published: 2008
Pages: 320
Content: PG for dramatic themes and some violence

I really enjoyed this mystery. A great mystery debut with the dog Chet as the narrator. It really did feel like a dog...his mind wandered a lot and he didn't know what was going on half the time, he liked to pee to mark his territory, enjoyed the she-dog ladies. It was just cute and definitely unlike any mystery I've ever read.

Chet and his owner Bernie, a Private Eye, investigate the disappearance of a teenage girl. Soon Chet is kidnapped and eventually Bernie is too. It's up to both of them to save each other and find the missing girl...

I recommend this one for all mystery lovers and especially dog lovers!


Rating: 3.5/5 

3 comments:

  1. I love mysteries and dogs. Looks like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting new angle for a mystery. I can't say I'm a dog lover (had 4 kids instead), but I do like mysteries. Love the cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds cute and clever! Looks like another book I'll have to add to my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.