Wednesday, December 9, 2020

2021 Nonfiction Challenge


It's that time of year again to join all the reading challenges and to get excited about the next reading year! It's truly not hard at all to wish 2020 good riddance...blech. I've seen this challenge before but have never joined. I'm terrible at reading challenges. I forget usually and never work on my categories or books I've chosen. I'm a choose as the mood takes me kind of reader. But these categories look fabulous. I'd like to hone in some of my nonfiction reading and this will (hopefully) help me out this year!

The 2021 Nonfiction Challenge will be hosted over at Book'd Out. All. Check out the site for more details.

My goal is the Nonfiction Know-it-all! I love nonfiction and about half or sometimes more of my reading year is usually nonfiction. The key will be dipping into each category. I'm going to make a tentative list soon and post it later. But I am looking forward to expanding my nonfiction reading horizons in 2021!

My updated tentative list for the challenge.

The aim of the Nonfiction Reader Challenge is to encourage you to make nonfiction part of your reading experience during the year.

JOIN IN

The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2021. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2021

Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.

* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing, post via Instagram, or Twitter. Just add your name and a link to your shelf/account in the sign-up.

CHOOSE A GOAL

Nonfiction Nipper : Read 3 books, from any category

Nonfiction Nibbler : Read 6 books, from any category

Nonfiction Know-It-All : Read 12 books, one for each category

* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish. Use your best good faith judgement as to whether a book fits the category or not.

* Where a book is identified by more than one category, it may only count for one, not both.

* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2021

CATEGORIES 

1. Biography

2. Travel

3. Self-help

4. Essay Collection

5. Disease

6. Oceanography

7. Hobbies

8. Indigenous Cultures

9. Food

10. Wartime Experiences

11. Inventions

12. Published in 2021

8 comments:

  1. I'm planning to join this one too. I just need to actually write a signup post. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! It'll be fun to choose from the categories and hone in my non-fiction reading.

      Delete
  2. Yeah it's a good challenge. I did it last year ... but was just like a nipper .... I need to raise my nonfiction this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see how far I get. Sometimes it can be harder with categories involved. But hopefully it'll expand my nonfiction reading this year!

      Delete
  3. I signed up for this in 2020 and did diddly, lol. I had the best of intentions, but like a lot of things this year it got neglected and then forgotten. It's such a great challege!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard with life but I love the goals and it keeps me branching out and focusing...well, hopefully! lol

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.