Monday, March 18, 2019

Week-in-Review: Night Out

Last week was a bit dodgy. We had another snowpocalypse and G did not make it into school, unfortunately that day. Plus I ended up with a migraine for a day....Those big changes to the schedule threw me off a bit. But by the weekend we all ended up having a nice time.

Saturday was the Utah Jazz basketball game. G gets free tickets since he participates in the Jr. Jazz basketball program. The played the Brooklyn Nets and the Jazz won! Very exciting. We went up to Salt Lake early and had dinner and walked around. The weather has been pleasant and it was good to get a walk and some sun before the game.

Sunday I ended up baking all day! Just got my KitchenAid and have been baking up a storm ever since. Combined with that and my "The Great British Baking Show" binge.... So it was snickerdoodles and a lemon bundt drizzle cake. I was too covered in all the flour so I forgot to take pics but they all turned out great. Probably not up to technical standards but they weren't getting judged by Paul and Mary! Family had multiple servings and were edible enough to hand out to some neighbors.

2019-03-18 12.05.35


BOOKS FINISHED: 



  • The Witch Elm by Tana French

BOOKS I'M CURRENTLY READING:


  • And I Darken by Kiersten White
  • Wild Robot by Peter Brown (reading with G)
  • Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi
  • These Truths: A History of the United States by Jill Lepore
  • Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe

LISTENING TO: 

  • A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean

WATCHING: 


TV:
  • Netflix: After Life-- I loved this TV show by Ricky Gervais. It's heart-felt and just a lovely show. I highly recommend this one.

Movies:


Leprechaun (1993)

Starring: Warwick Davis, Jennifer Aniston
Written by: Mark Jones
Directed by: Mark Jones
Genre: Horror
3/5 stars
Watched: SyFy channel for Horror movie night

This was great fun. It's a little cult classic that takes all the Irish leprechaun stereotypes and runs with them. Jennifer Aniston is in this one. It was great to see her in something before her stardom in Friends. Basically an Irish guy steals a leprechaun's gold. The leprechaun seeks revenge but gets stuck in a box in the basement with a 4-leaf clover on top. 10 years later Jennifer Aniston and her dad move into the old home and accidentally release the leprechaun. Mayhem and murder and mischief ensue! It was a great one to watch for March.

Making: 


I'm baking! I made a couple of items for dinner in the InstantPot but last weekend was all about the snickerdoodles and the lemon bundt drizzle cake. I need to remember to take pics next time.


Looking Forward to:

Spring Equinox! We'll be planning our container/square foot gardens and getting those prepared to plant our veggies and flowers. I'm planning on making bread and something special for dinner. If the weather holds, we may even bring out the firepit!

Also, spring cleaning. Finally got DH to sit down and watch one episode of Marie Kondo's tidying show so he could see what I'm aiming for and we could plan and get going soon. Everything needs to be handled and figured out whether to keep or go and then where should I put it???? She says once you know what you want to keep you need to figure out how and where to store it! Everything needs its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.