Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday-- Fall Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl...join in on the fun!

This week's them is what is on my Fall TBR list? I always love horror, mystery and true crime non-fiction during this time of year...I doubt I'll get to all of them but I will try!

Top_ten_fall


1. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl. I have loved her other two books so I'm looking forward to this one.

2. The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. The movie is coming out soon and I've heard good things about the book. Love me a good gothic historical.

3. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. I've enjoyed the movies over the years but am looking forward to reading the original and I think there is a new remake coming soon!

4. Asylum by Madeleine Roux. This has old asylum photographs set throughout the book and probably where some of the story comes from. It sounds like it's very similar in nature to the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series.

5. Scream All Night by Derek Milman. It's a new YA novel that's scary-themed. Yay!

6. Penpal by Dathan Auerbach. This has been on a few lists the last few years for really creepy books to read during Halloween time so I've added it.

7. Haunted: On Ghosts, Witches, Vampires, Zombies, and Other Monsters of the Natural and Supernatural Worlds by Leo Braudy. Saw this one at the library and thought it looked interesting.

8. The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson. I've already started it!

9. War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I really want to fight through this one in November as part of my classics challenge.

10. Heaven's Ditch: God, Gold, and Murder on the Erie Canal by Jack Kelly. I heard about this one on a book podcast today and it sounded right up my alley!

11 comments:

  1. The Haunting of Hill House is on my list too - I've never read it! I thought about Penpal too - I'm interested to hear what you think about it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Glad you're wanting to read Haunting of Hill House too! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. I love Leo Tolstoy - Anna Karenina is my favorite ever book! I really want to tackle War and Peace too; I just have to really get in the mood to finally start it! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna Karenina has been on my list for a long time. I've made it through 100 pages of War and Peace and hope to finish of the next 1100 pages in November...

      Delete
  3. Great list! I recently bought a copy of Special Topics in Calamity Physics, but doubt I'll get to it before the end of the year. Have a feeling I'm going to love it though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a great writer. I'm really enjoying this one as well.

      Delete
  4. I just donated my well marked up copy of W&P to the library book sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a shivery crop of Fall reads! The only one I've read is DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY and that was a long time ago. I remember it being really interesting. I hope you love it and all the rest of your picks.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your reads as well!

      Delete
  6. I tend to pick up horror and mystery around fall too. Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.