Friday, September 28, 2018

Frightfall Readathon


I enjoy seeing what others are reading especially during Halloween time! So I'm signing up for another reading challenge for the month of October. Michelle over at Seasons of Reading is hosting the Frightfall readathon from October 1-31st with a couple of mini readathons this weekend and that last couple of days of October.

I have a large TBR pile to pull from so I'll see what this next month brings!


  • The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson. I'm about halfway through and will definitely finish this one soon.
  • Heaven's Ditch: God, Gold, and Murder on the Erie Canal by Jack Kelly. I heard about this one on the Book Riot podcast and thought it would fit for some true crime and history in October.
  • NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. I want to listen to it since it's narrated by the great Kate Mulgrew.
  • A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I need a good witch story this month.
  • Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz.
  • The Ruins by Scott Smith. This one sounds terrifying.
  • The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey. It also was nominated for the Printz award!
  • The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero
  • The Witches by Stacy Schiff. I started this last year but didn't finish it. I'm thinking I'll keep going this month.
  • Black Water Rising by Attica Locke. I enjoyed her other murder/mystery. And here this one is just as good.
  • Ghost Story by Peter Straub. I hear it's classic.
  • Penpal by Dathan Auerbach. It was funded by Kickstarter and here it's a very terrifying book.
  • Fear: Trump in the White House by Bob Woodward. This is a fitting book for October....
  • Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl. I'm a hundred pages or so in the book and it's different. It's a slow burn to the mystery I'm sure. But I've enjoyed her other two books so I'm sticking it out and hoping for the payoff.
  • Fledgling: A Novel by Octavia Butler
  • The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
I'm sure there are more...Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes will probably also be on the list.

A shout out for his Halloween Tree book written for children. I just read this one with DS and he loved it! He's a fantastic writer and it was just a pleasure.


6 comments:

  1. I read Heaven's Ditch earlier in the year and enjoyed it quite a bit. Happy Frightful Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked that one! I'm excited to get started.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, seeing Fear on your list is funny :) I just heard about Heaven's Ditch and now I want to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you caught that one! Ha! I'm excited to get started on Heaven's Ditch.

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about The Devil in the White City!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many other books that I need to read for Netgally, I hope I have time to read some good scary books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.